Wage Revision Xth BPS : Meeting
Dated 7th June is Again Listless
Ads by Google
I have written two articles in about a week's time about the
meetings held in April 2013. After a long gap of 6 weeks, at last
another meeting was held on 7th June, 2013. I have gone through the
circular issued by UFBU after talks of 7th June, 2013. The contents
are listless and give an impression that meeting has made little headway.
Let us analysis some of the contents of the said circular, and their
Ads by Google
Contents of the Circular
IBA's / UFBU's Response
Our Views / What It Actually Means
UFBU demanded that there should be a time bound programme to complete
the negotiations without much delay to arrive at the wage revision
settlement at the earliest.
IBA also agreed with our views and informed that the same can be worked
out by mutual discussions.
This is in line with what I
have written in my last two articles. I appreciate that UFBU has
finally put up this demand. However, IBA has ditched the answer and has
left it for future DISCUSSIONS. Therefore, this does not have any
meaning till a final date is fixed for conclusion of the discussions and
the same is strictly adhered. Cadres have to watch it
carefully or else it may stretch to 2014-15.
UFBU also demanded that the wage revision should be effective from 1st
I wonder what was the need for
this demand? Has IBA shown its resolve to shift the date of wage
revision? IBA has not even responded to this so called demand.
UFBU has demanded that new pay scale should be constructed by merging
the DA at 4876 points i.e. the DA applicable to July- September, 2012
The IBA suggested that the pay scales could be constructed by merging
the DA applicable upto 2009.
UFBU has not agreed to this
demand. I think UFBU has taken a right decision as as per normal
norms DA needs to be merged till the immediately preceding period.
UFBU must stick to their guns as it will lead to lot of loss even if
merger is agreed upon upto 2010 or 2011.
UFBU also insisted that the IBA should make their offer on the
percentage of wage load acceptable to them
IBA informed us that they would consult the higher authorities in the
The reply of IBA is absurd and
should not have been accepted. What has IBA been doing for
last 7 months. Have they not consulted anybody in GoI on this
issue. If this is the case, then it is clear that IBA is not
serious at all and merely wants to prolong the negotiation process
IBA also explained their issues like introduction of Cost to Company,
Performance related wage, restricting the wage revision, increased
mobility to award staff, rationalisation of Special Pay etc
UFBU expressed their reservations and viewpoints, and also suggested
that these issues can be reverted during subsequent discussions.
In the last meeting IBA has
ensured that they will give presentation on these issues. UFBU
circular does not give any details about such a detailed presentation.
As suggested by me in my earlier articles, UFBU needs to reject this
outrightly or make the details public of present CTC at various levels.
The explanations given by IBA must be made public and not kept under
wraps. Hopefully, UFBU and IBA will show transparency so that
affected cadre is kept in loop.
UFBU we also submitted that in the proposed wage revision, the hike in
wage load should be exclusive of the cost on pension and other
superannuation benefits and also the cost of hospitalisation expenses
informed that this would be kept in mind by them.
Thus, IBA has not even given
assurance leave alone any commitment in this regard.
IBA informed that they will shortly inform us the date for the next
round of negotiations
UFBU has failed to propose some
early dates. In the given circumstances when IBA is hell bent upon
delaying the negotiations, UFBU should go ready with 3 dates fallling
within next 10 days or so, and offer IBA to accept any convenient date
to them. UFBU should not decline any of such dates accepted
by IBA. It appears now next date will be again after 4 weeks or
Now I will like our readers themselves to assess, what is the progress in
a meeting held after 6 weeks - On non of
the issues IBA has given any commitment. On the issue of demands
of IBA, the leaders of UFBU have kept silence and not given any details and it
appears that slowly they are moving towards accepting such demands as they have
suggested that on these issues can be reverted later on.
In the given circumstances I need not give my comments as things are
crystal clear from the above table. Our readers will be the best judge on
the negotiations held on 7th June, 2013.
You can give your feedback / comments
about this Article. Please give only
relevant comments as irrelevant comments are
waste of time for yourself and our other