As an officer with good amount of experience, I wish to caution
my junior colleagues.
1. Whenever you process any credit proposal, first list out both
positive and negative points. (The trick is list out the positive ones first)
2. Then prepare a brief compendium on where the proposal meets
the eligibility criteria and where it doesn't (give point-wise, page-wise
references to latest H O
Circulars and Manuals brought out by the bank).
3. When you list out the shortfalls or deficiencies, forget not
to suggest the remedial action needed.
4. Do not use strong words or harsh language, because they are
understood as expressions in your own voice.
5. Never share important and sensitive information on any high
profile cases with your colleagues - peers or sub-ordinates.
6. Even if you are ridiculed or insulted by your immediate boss
on your assessment, don't lose heart.
7. If the boss is adamant that you change your rating score or
some observations in the proposals, do not enter into any argument with him.
Ads by Google
8. Readily oblige him. But, you must learn the art and knack of
recording some hard truths, indisputable truths, as just passing remarks. Use
your intelligence cleverly here.
9. Do not highlight any disqualification or deficiency at the
beginning and at the space meant for final 'Recommendations'.
10.When you reproduce some facts and statistics, quote their
sources without fail.
11.When you incorporate some uncomfortable matter in the process
note, do not add your interpretation or opinion. Let the facts speak for
12.Do not add something that is blatantly false, only to please
your boss and escape from his anger.
PS : We have received the above comments on one of the
articles relating to DLF-Vadra loans. This loan appears to have suffered from large
number of infirmities at the processing stage. The above tips are
practical tips for the bankers as to how to walk tight roped where you find
difficult to refuse a proposal which is full of lacunae.
You can give your feedback / comments
about this Article. Please give only
relevant comments as irrelevant comments are
waste of time for yourself and our other